Thursday, June 16, 2005

Damn Rats

Okay let me vent…so today I check my bosses mailbox and there is another anonymous note about me. Talking about how it is unfair that I get to take paid lunches and cigarettes breaks and how I am not pulling my load here in the office. That is a crock of shit. What gets me is whoever is putting these notes in my boss’s box is a coward. If this person is so perturbed about my work schedule then why don’t they go to the president or even my boss personally. I have no problem discussing my work schedule and the arrangements that I have agreed to, but to be a pussy and write anonymous notes is just stupid. Shit, if you are going to be a rat, then be the best damn rat you can be. Not cowardly and underhanded. This is crazy. Ever since the first note about 6 months ago I have been really paranoid round my co-workers. Wondering you the culprit could be. It’s really f’ed up because I am always looking over my shoulder these days and wondering who is watching me. I do a damn good job here at work and I am proud of the product I produce. I think it is very unfair for someone to be so conniving and underhanded as this. The only solution I see is to buckle down and work longer hours. I talked to my boss about this the last time a note mysteriously wound up in her box, she did what any other righteous person would do…she showed it me. We talked and she has informed me that she is very pleased with my performance and that I do not need to change a thing. However in order to cover my own ass, I think I need to tighten it up a bit. I want to ask the lady at the front desk if she has seen anyone dropping notes in my boss’s box, but if it’s her I don’t want to tip anyone off. How do you flush out a rat? I’ve never been the type to go behind peoples back. I confront problems and issues up front. I do not run or hide from life and have been through enough that I really don’t need this shit. So world I ask again, how do you flush out a rat that you cannot see and disguises itself as a smile in your face phony as co-worker?

No comments: