Tuesday, June 14, 2005

another day, another dollar

Okay well today I was at work, processing the paperwork for a new employee. When I realized that this new chic makes over a thousand dollars a week. This had me to start thinking…what is so different between she and I other than the fact that she makes almost twice as I do. We are the same age and both women. So I pull out her resume and see that she has traveled the world in her studies, attending universities in Chile, Argentina and abroad. She has graduated with Honors and medals. I on the other hand am still trotting my way through community college. Although I doubt she has had some of the life experiences that I have had. Having to raise my sisters 3 children at the age of 16, losing my parents at a young age and being an adult since I was 14 due to it. I do not regret any of the choices that I have made in my life, for they has all molded me into the beautiful being that I am today.

So anyway this has sort of lit the fire under me….what do I want to do with my life??? Continue from job to job, even though I am very good at what I do, I have no passion for it. What is my passion? what do I want to leave as my mark on the world when my bones have dried and withereed away?…..hmmm, I need to do some soul searching and answer some of these questions.

No comments: