Monday, June 13, 2005

a reason, a season, or a lifetime

Hello world, I got a call this morning from D, asking me if I could take a break. He said he was across the street. My initial reaction was to say Hell, NO negroe...you have not called me all weekend and now you call me wanting to see me. But I thought about it and said sure. So I walked outside to find out that he really did not want to see me but wanted a ride back to the office from Sears auto shop. So anyway, we walked and got coffee and he hasn't said anything about not calling me or anything, so I try to play along and act as if nothing is bothering me. He doesn't buy it and continues to talk about how he knows me and can tell something is up with me. Thats BS in my opinon. I don't know why I didn't just come out and say that this isn't going to work. I realize now that I have been putting unrealistic expectations on him, to be "the one" now I realize that he has not ever been "Mr. Right", but rather "Mr. Right Now". I do believe that God places people in your life for one of many reasons, those reasons either being a reason, a season or a lifetime. D has been in my life for a reason. He made it possible for my family and I to travel back home last month. His reason has expired and I am trying dearly to make his presence serve another purpose. It's crazy. I know I am not in love. I am not even in infatuation, hell I barely like him. But I continue to tell myself that I could. I think the main point of all this is control. If he were chasing me I would not even care, I would treat him like all the rest. But because he has been the first one to admit that the relationship has run its course I just cant handle it. Its crazy. I know. I just want to be able to get into acceptance of the matter. So anyway. I will pray on it and ask my God to bestow the willingness to do His will and go from there. This relationship stuff is weird....I have all these preconceived notions about what love should be like and in reality I haven't a clue as to how this stuff goes.

No comments: